First School in Roaring Creek Township

The first school in Roaring Creek Township was built in 1830. It was later destroyed and Kulp Grammar and High School was built on the same site in 1904. In 1942 the high school closed, and pupils were transported to Locust Township for their high school education. The building continued to be used as a grammar school until 1953. The building was sold to Karl and Evelyn Miller in October, 1961. The background structure was a general store. Submitted and researched by Thelma Helwig.

View All Photos of the Month...